Why You Need The Red Guide
When first responders and emergency personnel leave the scene of a disaster, survivors often fall prey to predatory solicitors, scams, misinformation, and/or make decisions that have serious long term implications. In general, people who go through a disaster do not know what course of action to take in the aftermath.
In addition to a 10-Point Quick Start checklist for the first 24 hours of recovery, the guide includes detailed chapters on these topics:
- Emergency services to secure and protect property
- Displacement and relocation tips
- Disaster relief and financial assistance
- Homeowners & Renters insurance issues after a loss
- Personal property considerations
- Smoke and water damage information
- Estimating repair costs to structural damages
- Selecting a qualified contractor
- Public insurance adjuster services
- Hazardous material concerns
- Safety and precautions after a disaster
- Trauma intervention and grief counseling
- Avoiding disaster scams
- Phone directory with local, state, and federal government agencies, insurance companies and websites
Let Us Customize The Red Guide to Recovery To Meet the Needs of Your Agency
See our overview about how to Bring the Guide To Your Community . This page describes how we can customize The Red Guide for you, how to order the books in bulk, and how to contact us for more information.
Get the Red Guide eBook or Mobile App
Find out how to purchase a personal copy of The Red Guide for your mobile device or PC.