Contributions to our Book Donation Fund allow us to provide copies of The Red Guide to Recovery directly into the hands of disaster survivors and local assistance centers. See how you can become a sponsor.
Thank you Red Guide Friends for your support!
A special thank you to our friends who have provided financial support to help families recover:
U.S. Disaster Book Donation Recipients
Soberanes Fire, California: July 22, 2016
- In Monterey County, California, copies of the The Red Guide to Recovery handbook have been provided to victims of this fire. As of August 2, the fire is only 25% contained and over 60 homes have already been destroyed.
Erskine Fire, California: June 23, 2016
- Over 48,019 acres were burned in the Erskine Fire with 2 fatalities and 250 structures destroyed. The Red Guide handbook was provided to survivors of this devastating fire to help support the long road of recovery.
The Butte & Valley Fires, California: September, 2015
- The Red Guide donated copies of The Red Guide handbook to firefighters who tragically lost their own homes while fighting the Butte & Valley fires. To all those who brave the fires and must now move forward as also survivors of these fires, we wish you a very quick recovery.
The Tassajara Fire, California: September 19, 2015
- The Tassajara Fire burned 13 homes and 8 other buildings in Monterey County. The Red Guide donated 20 copies of The Red Guide to families who lost their homes in support of their recovery.
The Rocky Wildfire, California: July 29, 2015
- The Rocky Fire burned over 69,000 acres, including 43 residences and 53 outbuildings. The Red Guide donated copies of The Red Guide to the families who lost their homes in support of a smooth transition into recovery.
The Round Fire, California: February 12, 2015
- The Round Fire burned over 7000 acres and 40 buildings. The Red Guide donated 50 copies of The Red Guide to ensure the 40 families who lost their homes in Mono County, California had the information they need as they recover.
The Boles Fire, California: October 11, 2014
- After years of severe drought, this wildfire spread very quickly and destroyed 157 homes & 8 commercial property buildings in the Siskiyou County town of Weed, California. Recovery groups continue to provide on-going assistance.
The King Fire, California: September 13, 2014
- We donated books to the first responders at The King Wildfire, which scorched over 97,000 acres in El Dorado County, California. The fire began September 13, 2014 and ended finally on October 31, 2014.
The Cocos Fire, California: May 14, 2014
- We Cocos Fire was determined to be cause by arson and destroyed 40 buildings including 12 family homes in San Marcos, California. The fire began May 14, 2014 and ended finally on May 22, 2014.
The Colby Fire, California: January 16, 2014
- This wildfire destroyed 5 homes and damaged 7 others. We donated 12 books to the first responders of the Colby Fire located in Glendora California.
Wayne Tornado, Nebraska: October 5, 2013
- The tornado that struck the town of Wayne Nebraska, destroyed hundreds of homes and businesses.
The Clover Fire, California: September 10, 2013
- The Clover Fire in Shasta County California, destroyed 196 buildings including 68 homes.
The Rim Fire, California: August 17, 2013
- The Rim Fire in Toulomne County California, was the 3rd largest wildfire in California history burned over 257,000 acres and destroyed 11 homes.
The Pony Complex Fire, Idaho: August 8, 2013
- The Pony Complex Fire in Camas County Idaho, burned nearly 150,000 acres, and destroyed 6 homes, and numerous outbuildings.
The Elk Complex Fire, Idaho: August 8, 2013
- The Elk Complex Fire in Elmore County Idaho, burned more than 131,000 acres, destroyed 38 homes, and numerous outbuildings.
The Beaver Creek Fire, Idaho: August 7, 2013
- The Beaver Creek Fire in Blaine County Idaho, burned more than 110,000 acres and destroyed 1 home.
The Powerhouse Fire, California: June 4, 2013
- The Powerhouse Fire in Los Angeles County, California destroyed 24 homes and 29 out buildings.
Oklahoma City Tornado, Oklahoma: May 20, 2013
- In this Oklahoma City tornado outbreak, two F-5 tornadoes destroyed approximately 13,000 homes and damaged countless others.
Granbury Tornado, Texas: May 16, 2013
- A tornado that struck Granbury, Texas damaged or destroyed hundreds of homes.
West Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion, Texas: April 17, 2013
- An explosion at a fertilizer plant in West Texas, 18 miles from Waco, destroyed hundreds of homes.
Shockey Fire, California: September 27, 2012
- The Shockey Fire burned over 2,500 acres in San Diego, California. Thirteen homes were burned in the fire.