Get the Guide – Fire Departments
Whether it’s a single structure fire or a wide-scale disaster event like a wildfire, flood, or tornado, survivors need to know what steps to take once you leave the scene. Now when a resident asks “What do I do now?”, you can provide them the resource to walk them step-by-step through the process of rebuilding their lives.
Disaster survivors often fall prey to scams, misinformation, or make ill-informed decisions resulting in serious, long-term implications. The Red Guide to Recovery was created specifically to help disaster survivors avoid becoming “disaster victims.”
Book Features for Fire Departments
This truly comprehensive guide provides 14 chapters on topics developed to help disaster survivors get back on their feet once the response phase is complete. The perfect community outreach tool, The Red Guide to Recovery supports the transition from hands-on support of first responders, to the recovery phase residents must navigate on their own.
See our Chapter Content Overview to see the list of topics covered in this comprehensive book.
The Red Guide to Recovery can be customized to suit the needs of any agency, city, or state in the U.S. and can be used for CERT training, disaster preparedness, business continuity education, personal resiliency, and a wide range of other purposes.
Funding for the Guide can be obtained without impacting budgets of fire agencies themselves. This can be achieved through grants, sponsorships, or collaborations, and allows first responders and disaster survivors to get the Guide free-of-charge.
Here are a few funding options to consider:
- Urban Area Security Initiative Grant (UASI)
- State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP)
- HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- County Board of Supervisors discretionary fund grants
- Corporate sponsorships (insurance companies, banks, home improvement stores, hotel chains, lumber companies, casinos, etc.)
- Private foundation grants
- Utility company grants
- Relief agency grants
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company Grants for Fire Departments
Get The Red Guide for Your Community
The Red Guide to Recovery was designed for quick and easy adaptation to meet the specific needs of your agency or community.
- See more about how to Bring The Red Guide To Your Community.